Switch Your Account!
Have you thought about changing banks but haven't switched yet. Why? Because it's a hassle?
Not any more with State Bank of Lincoln's Switch Kit! We have put together a helpful guide to help you move your banking relationship to our bank where we believe that banking is personal and relationships are valued.
Easy. Simple. Quick.
It's Easy To Switch. Follow these simple steps to move your banking relationship to State Bank of Lincoln.
- Open a new State Bank of Lincoln checking account. Fill out the State Bank of Lincoln Checking Account Application and bring it into any of our locations in Lincoln, Clinton and Cornland. We will help you decide which account best fits your needs. When you open your new account you will receive a starter kit containing a small amount of temporary checks and deposit slips. We will order you a new ATM/Debit card and you can sign up for Internet Banking for easy, convenient, safe, secure access to your accounts 24/7.
- Stop using your previous checking account. Allow time for outstanding check and debits to clear - usually about 10 days. Destroy any unused checks and deposit slips - bring your unused checks and deposit slips to us and we will be happy to assist you by shredding them in our safe, secure environment.
- Move your Direct Deposit(s) to State Bank of Lincoln. Notify anyone making direct deposits to your previous account that you have switched your account to State Bank of Lincoln. We have provided a Authorization to Change My Direct Deposit form to assist you in quickly making this switch.
- Transfer any automatic payments and debits to the State Bank of Lincoln. Notify anyone deducting automatic payments from your previous account to your new State Bank of Lincoln account. Follow our resource guide and fill out the Authorization to Change my Automatic Payment forms to making this switch a breeze. Our Internet Banking also has Free Bill Pay which saves you time and money by scheduling your regular payments ahead of time so payments arrive on time - no stamps, no checks, no late fees!
- Close your previous checking account. Once all your deposits or withdrawals and automatic payments/deposits have cleared your previous account, complete the Authorization to Close My Checking Account request form and mail it to your previous financial institution to notify them of your decision to close you account(s).
Click on the following for our easy to use Switch Kit Forms:
- State Bank of Lincoln Checking Account Application
- Authorization to Change My Direct Deposit
- Authorization to Change My Automatic Payment
- Authorization to Close My Checking Account
Please note that the Switch Kit Forms are in pdf format and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® to view them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of our Customer Representatives and they will be happy to assist you.